Nepal cricketer to return home following sexual assault charges

 


Sandeep Lamichhane, former captain of the Nepal cricket team who has lately been accused of sexually assaulting a juvenile, wishes to visit his homeland as soon as possible. While Nepal Police begins the procedure to submit an Interpol warrant for Lamichhane's arrest, he is still at large. The former national cricketer reaffirmed his intention to return to Nepal "at an appropriate moment" while posting on Facebook for the second time since a charge of sexual assault by a kid was filed.

Since the Kathmandu District Court issued an arrest warrant for him, it has been 19 days.

"At the age of 16, I had the excellent fortune to be a member of the national cricket squad. It was not something I could have obtained with my meagre efforts. I have always endeavoured to uphold Nepal's reputation in the world of cricket. I'm pleased to spread awareness of Nepal thanks to my dedication "said he.

Additionally, Lamichhane asserted "I learned about the allegation made against me and the fabricated rape charge. My physical as well as emotional health has been impacted and harmed by this."

Without revealing his whereabouts, he spoke of his mental problems and said that he is currently in solitude. "On the one hand, all of these things had an impact on my mental health, and on the other, I had to deal with physical illness. I therefore made the decision to spend some time alone "explained he.

Lamichhane has recently lost contact with the police as well as the Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN). He has said that the public complaint against him and the warrant that was issued in his name left him mentally fatigued.

"The portrayal of me as a criminal based on false allegations has affected my mental and physical well-being. With the help of doctors, I have been returned to normal, and my health is progressively getting better. I am planning to return to Nepal as soon as possible to confront the false complaint made against me."

A 17-year-old girl filed a lawsuit accusing Lamichhane of transporting her all day on August 21 to several locations in Kathmandu and Bhaktapur before bringing her to a hotel in Sinamangal, Kathmandu, where she was sexually assaulted that evening.

Lamicchane has played for Nepal in 30 ODIs and 44 T20Is, recording 69 and 85 wickets in those contests, respectively. He bowls with his spin.

Comments

Popular Posts